Magento Commerce Integration with Accounting Software
Magento is a flexible award-winning open source ecommerce platform that is taking the web design world by storm. It gives your business enterprise level ecommerce features without the enterprise level price tag.
Magento offers flexible, scalable eCommerce solutions designed to help businesses grow and succeed online. The Magento platform is trusted by more than 200,000 businesses, including some of the world’s leading brands.
Customers choose Magento because of their cost-effective solutions. Particularly, there built on open source technology which enable businesses to control and customize the look and feel, content, and functionality of their online stores.
A comprehensive feature list can be found at the Magento website, but some of the key selling points as to why our clients choose Magento include:
- Powerful attribute based product catalog functionality – This makes Magento the perfect choice for selling anything from a simple t-shirt, to a complex computer with customisable technical specifications.
- Rules based promotions and coupon functionality – You can set up promotions based on a seemingly endless string of rules. Also includes support for buy X get Y free offers.
- Multi-store functionality – The different websites can all be managed from the same Magento back-end. This could include a completely new site, or a geo-location target such as a US store in US currency, or a French store in Euro’s and french language.
- Modular Architecture – Magento is a modular software. This means that you build on top of it without ever changing the core code. This prevent issues in the future upgrades. It also means that there are 25,000 extensions out there that can be quickly and easily plugged into your site.
- Enterprise level eCommerce features with minimal outlay – Magento includes features such as product reviews, layered navigation, product tagging, feature rich customer accounts and superb back-end administration out of the box.
- Search engine readiness – Magento is one of the most SEO friendly ecommerce applications on the market. However it is not perfect, and we always make a point of installing things like cannonical URL’s to iron out some of the kinks in the way Magento is build.
- Strong Google Analytics integration – full ecommerce reporting in Google Analytics is included in Magento as standard.
Magento offers a wide range of resources, support, and consulting services to help our customers get the most from their Magento deployment. It includes education, training, and developer certification programs.
Their global community of partners and developers gives customers access to robust third-party extensions and certified professional integration help.
Magento is owned by eBay Inc., a global leader in commerce technology.